Cataloging is a public service! The activities accomplished in the Technical Services Department contribute to the delivery of information and support the teaching mission of the College. We acquire, catalog and process materials in all formats, including e-resources. We create and maintain the Library's online catalog, physically process materials for library circulation, maintain the periodical collection through holdings creation, and are available to assist in verifying bibliographic information and availability for materials in any format.
- Acquisitions, both print, video, models, ebook, streaming media, gifts and donations
- Cataloging of library materials in all formats, in particular electronic resources, serials, and anatomical models
- Periodicals, including journals, newspapers, and microforms
- Physical Processing of print and nonprint library materials
- Teaching, including the basics of book, video, and electronic resources cataloging; the MARC format; Library of Congress classification and subject headings; OCLC searching; and technical services workflow and efficiencies