The Steps & Time
These steps will help you use your time effectively. It should take approximately four hours to complete this project, including the review of assignment resources.
- FIRST, READ THROUGH the assignment, review the template and example, review the Resources.
- Know your plant's scientific name and some of its common name/s. You can choose any foliage plant except the Peperomia. If you need help choosing a plant, consult your instructor.
- Use your favorite search engine to find information on your plant. Search using the scientific name first.
- Review several websites. Compare sites for both unique and common information about your plant. Use the Terminology list to help you narrow down your choices.
- Choose five (5) websites to use in your assignment. Evaluate them closely using the CARP criteria (See Resources).
- Of the five websites you evaluated, choose three (3) that provide what you perceive to be best and most consistent information about your plant.
- Using the template provided, write up the information about the plant. Use parenthetical references for your three sources.
- Use google images to find an image of your plant. Save it to your computer so you can use it in your project. Make sure to note the image URL.
- Create a bibliography of all five websites that you reviewed.
- Complete the web evaluation worksheet on one of the websites you DID NOT use in your plant information sheet.